Saturday 6 September 2014

A Fresh Start

It's hard to believe I graduated from university 2 years ago this week. Leaving felt a little like Limbo: I had no job, no experience and a 2:1 fashion degree which 1000's of other students across the country had achieved too. I felt like maybe a job would come the moment I took my robe off, but instead I was sat at home spending weeks watching teen tv boxsets thinking I 'deserved' the rest.

Since then not much has changed: I do have a retail job now, but it's hard to be inspired. I've done some travelling, NYC included. I started a business but it's a tough marketplace. I still watch teen tv boxsets on my odd weeks off knowing I actually do deserve it this time.

So, a new start.

I tend to think of years as one birthday to the next, instead of Jan-Dec, this way I feel like I can achieve something every year of my life, not everyone else's year.

My birthday is in October. I'll let you know what I've achieved this year, and what I hope to achieve next.

1 comment:

  1. Hey,
    You have a really lovely Blog. Do you want to support each other and follow via GFC?
    If yes please tell me and i follow back :)

    Greetings from Germany
    www.sophias-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete